The SEC is currently the second most profitable conference in college athletics. But its commissioner Greg Sankey is fifth among the Power 5 in terms of salary. Here’s the latest figures for the Power Five and NCAA President Mark Emmert:
- The Big Ten’s Jim Delany moved into the top spot as the highest paid commissioner thanks to a reported $5.5 million paycheck, via USA Today.
- Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott was not far behind his Rose Bowl counterpart with over $5.2 million in compensation, via the San Jose Mercury News
- Big 12 head honcho Bob Bowlsby was made $4.1 million
- ACC commissioner John Swofford raked in $3.5 million
- SEC leader Greg Sankey was the lowest paid of the group, with the most recently appointed commissioner making right around $2 million last year.
- Mark Emmert’s salary was the biggest mover of the group of power players according to Yahoo Sports he made to $3.9 million. The NCAA’s President seen his salary jump by some $2 million since 2015 alone.