Tropical Storm Nicole is weakening, but we will still see affects from the tail end as Nicole heads west. Mayor Lenny Curry said the the biggest threats are the possibility of: tornados, storm surge, and tidal flooding along the coast and rivers. High tide is tonight (Thursday), which brings the risk of excessive flooding.
The intense winds and heavy rains have caused traffic issues already:
- A semi carrying cars overturned on I-295 near Heckscher Drive
- A semi was flipped by a wind gust on the Dames Point Bridge
- A crash near Spring Park closed all of Atlantic Boulevard around 10:30AM
- A portion of Beach Boulevard was closed briefly because a live wire was down on the roadway
- Storm surge and flooding near downtown and in Riverside, as streets became rivers
Find out more on News4JAX